If you have a passion for helping youth and families, NYFS is a great place to work and volunteer. We are highly dedicated to supporting youth, families and individuals in communities throughout the northern suburbs of Ramsey County.
Learn more about our volunteer opportunities.
Current Job & Internship Openings
Position: Licensed School Based Therapist
Salary: Negotiable – D.O.Q.
Hours: 10 month position; full time during that period; part-time hourly mid-June – mid-August
Location: Northeast Youth & Family Services
Close Date: Until filled Posting Date: 8/9/17
Purpose of Position: To provide school based mental health services to secondary students. To provide consultation to school staff regarding mental health issues.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide therapy services with students in the school setting.
- Involve parents in the therapeutic process.
- Provide training with school staff around mental health issues.
- Document all services in accordance with state and insurance regulations.
- LICSW, LMFT, LP, or LPCC
- 3 years post Masters mental health therapy experience preferred.
- Experience doing school-based therapy and desire to do this type of work.
- Training and experience in treatment of individuals who have experienced trauma.
- Strong candidates will have a solid understanding and practice sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic differences among service populations.
- Individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please e-mail a PDF, Word document, or text-formatted resume to email@example.com, fax (651) 486-3858 or download application materials at www.nyfs.org.
We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion of persons based on merit, qualifications, and competence. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, place of residence, political affiliation, veterans status, or status with regard to public assistance, or any other class protected by local, state, or federal law. NYFS provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.